Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Living Your Dreams

Yesterday, I had the Monday Blues. You know feeling sorry for myself, feeling like crap, feeling hopeless about my future. Then, late, last night, I read an article about living your dreams. The article was titled "Live Your Dream, Start Over." Have you ever thought about your dreams??? Do you feel like that ship has sailed??? I used to and sometimes I do have moments of doubt (like yesterday). But, I believe anything is possible as long as you know what you want. I truly believe this mantra. If your goal is to read more, then do it. If your goal is to finish school, then do it. If your goal is to travel, then do it. Whatever your goals are, it is possible to make them happen, if you believe in yourself. I believe as long as you have the ability to change, you have the ability to make anything happen. Even if you don't achieve your goal, you might discover something new. Life is great in that sense. One of my goals is to stop complaining. It's getting better, but sometimes it still gets the best of me. But, I haven't given up. What's the point in complaining!!! At the end of the day, I'm the one that is in misery, obsessing over something I couldn't really change. The only thing that I can control is what I think. And what I think is, it's time to reach for the stars. Take baby steps to do something that you have always wanted to do for yourself. Because taking the time for yourself, will make you a better you!!!

So when I hopped out of bed this morning, I was feeling pretty good. I still feel alittle lost, but with renewed energy to start moving forward again. And I remembered my mantra, "anything is possible as long you know what you want." And I remembered one of my favorite quotes by Henry Ford, "Life is a series of experiences, each of which makes us bigger, even though it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and grieves which we endure help us in our marching onward."

So, join me, NO MORE LIVING LIFE, I COULD HAVE DONE THIS OR THAT!!! Make your list today and start taking steps to a better you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"So, join me, NO MORE LIVING LIFE, I COULD HAVE DONE THIS OR THAT!!! Make your list today and start taking steps to a better you!" An awesome post Rosy, thank you for sharing! You are a natural!

Unknown said...

Yes yes, I agree so much with your post! Well said Rosy. It is just so easy to complain, isn't it? But it surely doesn't help and just serves to bring us down even more and those around us.

Wonderful as always and so glad you can perk yourself up and us too in the process, eh? Yay! Well done :-)

Holly Hoffman said...

You know, we must've been channeling each other last night! I came to the conclusion last night that its too late for me to apply to biz school for next fall. I was crushed. CRUSHED. My BF reminded me that I'm lucky to even have a dream (owning my cafe) and that I am working toward it, even though its not going fast enough for my impatient self.

The point is not to lose focus and to keep chipping away at your dream. It doesn't happen immediately, or even within a year or two years. It takes time. Just keep chipping away.

Great post!