Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Evil Drink


I'm BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

I started writing this post several months ago. I haven't been in the writing mood for awhile. Work and personal life have sucked the energy out of it. I allowed it, plain and simple. TRUTH!!!

With that said, I have a confession...sigh! It might make you sick to the stomach. Ok, here goes: I'm addicted to DIET COKE! Did you hear the music of guilt? I know, it's bad. I repeat I know it's BAD! I know everything about it is bad. BUT, how I love the burn!

Now that I have spilled the beans about my darn habit, I decided to make a huge change! The Tuesday, a day before Lent (yes, I'm catholic)- the question came up, "what are you going to give up for Lent?" I pondered the question. Most people would say, "I'm going to work on myself -like having more patience, being less judgmental, etc." ME, I try to do those things everyday. So for me, I decided to give up a specific food or drink that has been a thorn on my side for years. A specific food or drink that is just sabotaging my overall wellness - Diet Coke!

This year, I decided this is it. My approach is a bit different. I just stopped cold turkey on Ash Wednesday.
Today is March 6, 2013- NO DIET COKE!  So far, I have discovered that I'm drinking less coffee and more water. I'm not going to bash myself anymore, historically that leads to failure. All I know like everything else, I need to work at it, EVERYDAY!

Next step, I need to work on a consistent exercise program... I'm done for now. Till next time, Cheers to Great Health!




No comments: